SwimClips has two operating models – “Classic” and “IP”:
- SwimClips Classic is aimed at timing system operators who travel to different meets each weekend to run the timing systems (and meet management system) at swim meets
- Uses SwimClips custom battery operated cameras, with no need to lay cables around the pool connecting each camera
- SwimClips cameras are tethered – with a camera sensor capturing the images and a recording box that controls the camera and saves the recorded files
- For the above water cameras, the sensors include a pan-tilt gimbal and are mounted on top of a 20′ telescoping pole with the recording box fastened to the bottom of the pole
- For the underwater cameras, the sensor is attached to a telescoping aluminum pole that is placed under water and attached to a deck plate that sits on the pool deck and is secured by placing a tote bin full of water on top of the plate. The recording box sits in a waterproof enclosure on top of the bin of water
- The “Start Logger” connects to the timing & starting systems. When the Start Logger detects a start, it waits 15 seconds and checks the scoreboard feed to see if the timer is running (meaning it is not a false start), and grabs the event and heat numbers off the scoreboard feed and saves it to a log file.
- Before each day of competition, the operator synchronizes all of the cameras to the start logger and starts the recording on each camera. The cameras record constantly during the meet – and can be stopped during breaks to save storage space
- After a day of competition, the operator takes all the storage devices from each camera, the start log and the meet results file from Hy-Tek and uploads it to SwimClips via our meet uploader application (PC, Mac)
- SwimClips IP is aimed at aquatics facilities that host frequent meets during a year (~>10/year), and uses off-the-shelf IP security cameras that can be permanently installed in the facility
- Underwater cameras are also IP cameras, but can be mounted on removable deck mounts and placed in a storage closet when not operating a meet
- For SwimClips IP, all of the video feeds are recorded by one central computer connected to the network, so no synchronization is necessary. With permanently installed cameras, no setup or aiming of the cameras is necessary after the initial setup, enabling SwimClips to be easily run for every meet.
If you would like to explore becoming a SwimClips operator, please fill out this form and someone will get back to you to discuss.